MX Player for Amazon Firestick completes your user eexperience when it comes to watching huge files. Let me tell one thing: MX Player can play highly compressed video files. Yes, those MKV video formats and huge MP4 file size, MX Player can play that for you. So here is a tutorial on how to install MX Player for Firestick.
Before we head straight to the step-by-step guide, you must know some important stuff about this procedure. Did you know that Amazon Firestick is running Android OS? Basically, the Firestick is an Android device. So it also means that you can practically install most Android apps here.
Given that the Firestick is an Android device, there is a slight difference in how they work. For one, the Fire OS that’s running on this device is a stripped down version. This is to maximize functionality by removing unnecessary features and bloatware.
With regards to the slightly different method, we have made this tutorial as simple as can be. So get your Firestick running, and we can start right away.
How to Install MX Player for Firestick
Okay. Before we can proceed to the installation of MX Player for Firestick, you must know that this is not like your ordinary Android installation operation. There is some stuff that you need to activate first before you can install any third-party apps or apps that are not found on Amazon App Store.
- Make sure to boot up your Firestick on your Smart TV.
- On the Amazon Firestick “Home” screen go to the “Settings” page.
- Inside the Settings page, find the “My Fire TV” panel.
- Under the My Fire TV, go to the “Developer Options” panel.
- Inside it, you will find the “Apps from Unknown Sources” pane. Enable this feature to allow third-party apps.
- Now when that’s done, get back to the Amazon Firestick “Home” screen.
Installing MX Player for Firestick
- On the Home screen, find the “Downloader” app.
- If you do not have a Downloader app. Get it from the Amazon App Store using the “Search” feature right next to the Home panel.
- Now when you finally have the “Downloader” app, launch it so we can start with the MX Player installation.
- On the Downloader’s Home page, click on the empty URL field.
- On the URL field, type in https://bit.ly/MXPlayer11047 exactly as it is shown. No spaces.
- Now, please make sure to double-check the URL to prevent getting errors.
- After making sure that you typed in the right URL, click on the “Go” button.
- The download should start automatically. Wait for it to finish as it will automatically go to the installation page.
- When the installation page finally appears, click on the “Next” button below or the “Install” button.
- Wait for the installation to finish. And when it does, you should see two buttons; the “Done” and the “Open” button.
- Choose the “Done” button to exit the installation page and go back to the “Downloader” app.
- The “Downloader” app should ask you what to do with the MX Player APK. We advise that you delete it as the Firestick has only limited storage space.
The MX Player Application may not be available on Firestick by default, but it is necessary. It has important features that can add value to your already great media player.
We hope this tutorial has helped a lot on your Firestick experience. If you know some friends that want the MX Player for Firestick, please do share this article with them. It would mean us a lot if we can help more people with our tutorials.
Also, if you want to share some ideas and perhaps some useful suggestions, feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. We will try to get back to you as soon as we can.